Now that printing directly to a device by IP is no longer supported on the network, Mac users will need to print from the officeprinters share. Below describes the steps on how to do so. Please note the EXACT name of the share off officeprinters.
1. Navigate to System Preferences -> Print and Scan.
2. Click the + button to add a new printer.
3. Control-Click on the Toolbar and select Customize Toolbar.... Drag the Advanced icon onto the bar, then click the newly added Advanced button
4. Select the Windows printer via spoolss device type.
5. Enter the exact device URL. You may need to pull share name from a Windows computer. Note the EXACT share name.
Example : smb://officeprinters.ad.msoe.edu/CC3_ITHelpdesk_HP-M52
6. Choose a driver for the printer by pulling down the drop-down box and the driver corresponding to the printer you are adding. Add a name and a location that best describes the printer.
7. Click the Add button.
8. Open a document and print to the printer.
When you go to print it will require authorization that can be saved to the “keychain” which should allow printing with one click once it is saved. Users will need to enter their domain username and password. By saving this to the “keychain” you will have to manually update it every time you change your domain UN and PW.