If someone wants their outlook app to load more emails farther back than a year:
- Press the windows key, or click the windows icon in the lower left hand corner
- Search and open "control panel"
- Click on user accounts
- Click on mail (Microsoft outlook 2016) (32-bit). This will bring up a new window.
- Click on the box that says "email accounts..."
- A separate window will pop up, under the first tab that says email you should find a button that says "Change..."
- Another box will pop up that has a slider that says "Mail to keep offline"